Phrag. pearcei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before all, both are lovely and the photos are excellent. The comparison shot helps a lot, me as a non profunde Phrag adept to see the size relations of Phrag. pearcei. You might think by the first two shots its a relative big plant.....in reality its almost a dwarf.

Last edited:
Thank you for the outstanding photos. My pearcei bloomed earlier this year and had
four flowers...two new growths coming along. GuRu it is a very compact plant that is
easy to grow. Mine does very well sitting in an inch of water.

Thank you for the outstanding photos. My pearcei bloomed earlier this year and had
four flowers...two new growths coming along. GuRu it is a very compact plant that is
easy to grow. Mine does very well sitting in an inch of water.
Yes easy to grow in my conditions. Bought 2 last year as single growths…flowered off these growths then sent out 3 and 4 new growths which are now mature and in turn sending out new growths. In 2 years from single growth to about 10-12 growths…and still fitting nicely in a 4” pot.

The only down side is the plant likes to produce long stolons and ramble a bit to the edge of the pot.

Last edited:
Yes easy to grow in my conditions. Bought 2 last year as single growths…flowered off these growths then sent out 3 and 4 new growths which are now mature and in turn sending out new growths. In 2 years from single growth to about 10-12 growths…and still fitting nicely in a 4” pot.

The only down side is the plant likes to produce long stolons and ramble a bit to the edge of the pot.

just keep the mix an inch to 1.5 inches below the lip of the pot, and let the pot rim (plus plant tags and whatever else you need) keep the plant inside

Beautiful photos, I didn't realize that Pearcii was this nice. Is the comparison photo showing that Pearcii is really small or Perseus is gigantic 😂 ?

Great photos but are you absolutely sure its pearcii and not a hybrid. The several different clones I grow have much finer petals held at 45 degrees to the flower.

My Phrag. caricinum 'Fox Valley' is in full bloom with three blooms so far and it is darling...petite
and quite colorful. I don't know why I post my successes since nobody believes me
without a photo. I also have three longifoliums in bloom, a Greta Twee, pearcei 'Pink',
schilmii 'Marcia', Summer Sun, Rosy Gem 'Roseum' AND one from Thein that's not
on my inventory list, but is holding two lovely blooms...Pricilla's something or other.

Back