Phrag. Papa Frankie Quintal (Haley Decker x kovachii)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteM

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opened this week. It had so much potential (exciting parents, straight tall spike, deeply colored buds), but sometimes you just strike out. I believe it's a first bloom?, although I can't completely recall but I feel slightly haunted by this flower. I did repot right before it started to spike.. and while the environment can impact the development I am confident there is little hope for drastic improvement. What to do? You grow something for this long, difficult to toss it to make room for other plants. Maybe I'll post it on next door and see if someone in quarantine would be interested in starting a new hobby.

IMG_4517.JPG IMG_4521.JPG

Wow 5 flowers. Where’d you get this from?
Unclear. I checked last night and the original tag doesn't have a vendor name. I got it in 2012, most likely form the paph forum, so I assume either Orchidview or Alfredo.
Also noticed Alfredo's website has gone dark (http://phragmipediumkovachii.com/). This was such a great resource, I hope he is doing OK. Maybe there is a new website I am unaware of?

I traded this original plant that bloomed last year. But I kept a division, opened up a few days ago. Sorry I can’t move it right now to take better pics. But the first bloom out on this division is much better than I expected considering the first pics from the other division. Sorry about the lighting. Makes the flowers a little hot pink.

64B948BE-85CD-497E-844F-C50604C9C147.jpeg5E7B6FE9-87F6-4580-9609-CD8AD50C1ED9.jpegA1873663-F16C-4875-9157-DF3EBA17FDA4.jpeg

Latest posts

Back