Phrag. Ouaisne

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a really an update photo for my plant of Phrag. Ouaisne that I originally posted in this thread.

https://www.slippertalk.com/threads...-dalessandroi-x-eric-young.50278/#post-695876
This is two blooming cycles later on a much larger plant. The plant began blooming in June and it is currently on its 10th flower with one more to go so about 7 months in bloom. A very long spike. The flower pictured developed with a temperature range between 58F and 70F. It is fuller and a darker red/orange color than my previous photo. The size remains in the 11-12 cm range. The polyploid Don Wimbers I have seen are beefier but I think this compares well to most diploid Don Wimbers.

IMG_1998.jpeg

terryros, I give you 3 thumbs up for that flower even though I have only 2!!! That is a very nice flower! Very nice.
I love the rich color naturally, but I appreciate the stance and fullness of the petals. The dorsal seems to be nice and erect. Keep that baby grow in’!!!

terryros, I give you 3 thumbs up for that flower even though I have only 2!!! That is a very nice flower! Very nice.
I love the rich color naturally, but I appreciate the stance and fullness of the petals. The dorsal seems to be nice and erect. Keep that baby grow in’!!!
Thanks. It will have three growths to bloom this next cycle and will be in a 9 inch Active Aqua (square) pot for lots of room. Trying for a specimen appearance with three blooming spikes.

This is a really an update photo for my plant of Phrag. Ouaisne that I originally posted in this thread.

https://www.slippertalk.com/threads...-dalessandroi-x-eric-young.50278/#post-695876
This is two blooming cycles later on a much larger plant. The plant began blooming in June and it is currently on its 10th flower with one more to go so about 7 months in bloom. A very long spike. The flower pictured developed with a temperature range between 58F and 70F. It is fuller and a darker red/orange color than my previous photo. The size remains in the 11-12 cm range. The polyploid Don Wimbers I have seen are beefier but I think this compares well to most diploid Don Wimbers.

View attachment 37494
Absolutely gorgeous. Hard to believe it’s bloomed fir so long! Good growing!!

Latest posts

Back