Phrag Nitidissimum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
Phrag Nitidissimum is caudatum x Conchiferum. Grown intermediate and about 3-4' under HID lights. Potted in CHC, shagnum and perlite. I got this over three years ago; first time blooming for me.

2007_0219Image0004.jpg

Looking Good Can you take a picture of the whole plant?
Thanks
Ray

Here is a quick full plant shot 'in situ'. I didn't want to take it out and bounce the petals (now 17") around as I have a show in two weeks but can if you would like a better shot. Let me know if this is okay. It's a big plant as you can tell.
phragnitidissimum.jpg

Oh Wendy, now I really want Nitidissimum, just went to the top of my wish list. So how so you keep the tips of the petals from withering to quickly?

NY Eric...I'm not sure what you mean by a select plant. I got it as a single growth division and wanted it because it was a long petaled Phrag.

Barbara...I flush the pots with lots of clear water to get rid of the salts. I still get browning leaf tips but not many really bad cases.

Thank you to everyone.:D

Thanks Wendy, I wondered if that might be the case. I had the fertilizer on one of mine a little stronger than usual, then the petals burned within a couple days. Very sad.

Latest posts

Back