Phrag. Mountain Maid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
Purchased from Cloud's Orchids in Ontario. I have gotten some excellent phrags and paphs from them. I am very pleased with the colours on this Mountain Maid.

PhragMountainMaid7.jpg

Very nice, I'm happy to see a picture of this one since my sister just about bought it, but desided not too...darn! It's such a beautiful colour. How big is your plant?

Thanks for posting it!

Barbara, the plant is in a 4" pot with 4 growths in total. Surprisingly mature for a first-time blooming. The plant is only about a foot tall and the leaves narrow so it does not take up much space.

Gorgeous deep color. One of my favorites, possibly because it was one of my first slippers

Here's an update...now with 2 flowers. The first pic was taken outside so perhaps the sun made it a bit orange. This pic was taken inside. Still fairly orange but not as glowing perhaps.

My fragrance is very light...really have to stick your nose in there and then it's most fragrant in late afternoon. Obviously there must be variation. I assume hirtzii is the parent imparting the fragrance? Heather should have bought deodorant for hers! Either that or a urinal cake!

Latest posts

Back