Phrag. Mem Juan Alberto Arias

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is a preview of the cross Eumelia Arias x kovachii, so a backcross with 75% kovachii in the makeup.
The bud in the first growth did not develop but you can clearly see the bud in this second growth.
The plant looks to be very vigorous. Grodan rockwool minicubes seem to suit it.
I cannot find a photo of this cross anywhere but as it has been registered I presume Ecuagenera have flowered it.
Fingers crossed for a flower at Christmas!
2E956CA0-60FE-4D29-BFF2-9511AC259137.jpeg
454A7C69-88F8-419B-810E-DE5DD15D50C1.jpeg
Regards
David

I don’t add anything extra to the minicubes. It seems to work ok for me.
I bought a thermometer and hygrometer for this area where the phrags are growing. It arrived today. The max temp this afternoon was 65F and the humidity is varying between 65 and 70%. It went up when I cooked!
According to the instrument this classifies the area as ‘wet’.

Thanks. Your plant looks like it enjoys those temp/humidity levels and they sound about perfect to me, although the non-kovachii Phrag. hybrids might like it a little warmer during the day.

this is a preview of the cross Eumelia Arias x kovachii, so a backcross with 75% kovachii in the makeup.
The bud in the first growth did not develop but you can clearly see the bud in this second growth.
The plant looks to be very vigorous. Grodan rockwool minicubes seem to suit it.
I cannot find a photo of this cross anywhere but as it has been registered I presume Ecuagenera have flowered it.
Fingers crossed for a flower at Christmas!
View attachment 16995
View attachment 16996
Regards
David

good luck.

Back