Phrag. Mem. Dick Clements

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brev

Reaction score
Have been keeping it since it was a small seedlings 5 yrs ago. And it is the 2nd time it bloomed. It lives in my room, very hot during summer, which is now, 30+C daily. I can only provide some temp. drop from late evening to early morning the next day during this time. Maybe it is the reason why the color of this one doesn't saturate well.20220611_115435.jpg20220611_115446.jpg20220613_075931.jpg20220613_195213.jpg20220613_195216.jpg20220613_195231.jpg

Yay besseae hybrids. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the appreciation. I posted this on a fb group, and I forgot that was a species only group so the post was deleted. I left the group anyway, as I now have no species to share. My besseae had fungal infestion last year and it withered. Hot weather is an enemy for most phrags, except some stronger hybrids 😵‍💫

Last edited:
I don't think that's such a bad Phrag. It's a deep crimson and the little flaws
are fixable. Try more humidity and a really good small fan easily acquired at
Lowes and Walmart.

I don't think that's such a bad Phrag. It's a deep crimson and the little flaws
are fixable. Try more humidity and a really good small fan easily acquired at
Lowes and Walmart.
Thank you for the advice. I have air conditioning from the evening to the next morning, and open the windows during the day to achieve better ventilation. My place is humid, as it has been raining for a week, the RH reaches 70+% without me doing any boosting. I shall see how the next one is like. In terms of the shape, the bloom has improved a lot when comparing with the first ever bloom it sent last year, photo of which is attached here.20210718_105754.jpg

Beautiful! That NOMA ad is still reducing my ability to enjoy all the pictures! It is very AGRESSIVE!

Latest posts

Back