Phrag Mem. Dick Clements

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lmpgs

Bought from a nursery in Germany as Mem. Dick Clements, but IMO doesn't look like. Any suggestion about possible ID is welcome.

This is the first time a phrag bloomed in my hands, so anyway I'm happy yet less satisfied.

14812843526_8191f6a6a4_z.jpg
[/url]Phragmipedium Mem. Dick Clements first time blooming by lmpgs, on Flickr[/IMG]

14832748651_0c354dba00_z.jpg
[/url]Phragmipedium Mem. Dick Clements first time blooming by lmpgs, on Flickr[/IMG]

14835471032_12d7dfd832_z.jpg

Why not Mem. Dick Clements? What temps do you momentaneously have in Athens? This might change colour a bit.

Why not Mem. Dick Clements? What temps do you momentaneously have in Athens? This might change colour a bit.

The temps are high, here where I live, the last days is about 32-34C mid day and about 25-27C during the night.

The divided petal color makes me wonder whether there might be P. fischeri in the background. Here's a photo of one of our Barbara LeAnn clones for comparison. It doesn't appear to be too far off from your "MDC".

Last edited:
It could be a Mem. Dick Clements but it could also be more complex. The veinations in the dorsal make me think something w/ richteri in it.

All MDC I've seen are light to dark red, depending on the clone.

Hybrids with fischeri are uncommon here, as are advanced complex hybrids. I'd suspect something like St. Ouen. Lovely flower.

Update on the issue.

The nursery answered that is Phrag besseae x lindleyanum (Andean Fire).

:rollhappy::rollhappy:
Well, in a week or so mine is going to flower, sold as Andean Fire (Elsner) and the slippertalkers didn't agree last year, mostly.

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy: That's funny!! For sure. The funniest is that both sellers are trusted. Just to imagine what's happening when the seller is :mad::mad:

Latest posts

Back