Phrag Magdalene Rose 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chuck

This is a plant that came from Chuck Acker. It is (Eric Young 'Rocket Fire' 4N X Beauport 'Rose Flare' 4N). The "toothed" petals would be a problem by traditional standards, but, I like it and, in my greenhouse, I'm the boss...it stays.
magrose4nnet.png

Shaggy but if you don't want to show it, I would call it a keeper. It has a certain charm.

That is a phenomenal flowering, if you could just remove the teeth from the edge of the petals it would be perfect. This is a new hybrid to me, I am going to add it to my wish list.

Chuck,

I grew a flask of this cross (also from Acker) and found it quite a vigorous and nice hybrid with the prominent teeth being the problem. Some clones are quite dentate on the margins and others are more moderate. Obviously this is a ploidy issue from the Eric Young parent. It also seems to show up in the progeny of Magdalene Rose. If you can find a keeper without this issue, it is a marvelous plant and flower.

This is a plant that came from Chuck Acker. It is (Eric Young 'Rocket Fire' 4N X Beauport 'Rose Flare' 4N). The "toothed" petals would be a problem by traditional standards, but, I like it and, in my greenhouse, I'm the boss...it stays.
magrose4nnet.png
Can you send me a photo of this? I just purchased this plant. Your photo is no longer showing up.

Latest posts

Back