Phrag. Lynn Evans-Goldner

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This phrag is a cross of schlimii 'Isolde' x Barbara LeAnn. Here's one of probably 4 or 5 I've got in various stage of blooming right now. I bought either a compot or flask from Chuck Acker 3 years ago and they are an easy and reliable bloomer. I like the fuzzy pouch and they are the smallest phrags I own. I'd consider them "mini phrags". The blooms are in the 2"- 21/2" range. Most are white with some pink flaring, or an all light pink color. I had one bloom out that was all dark like the pouch color.

It's growing in s/h, high light in the g.h.

LynnEvans-Goldner.jpg

Thats really cute! Could you grab a pic of the whole plant if you had a sec? I'd be interested to see them. I grabbed a hobby flask of this x besseae flavum from Bill @ the SEPOS Longwood show, I'm excited to see that one.

Here you go. It's not the best photo as I cut-off the bottom, but I was mainly going for leaf size comparison. They're not much larger than my fingers.
phragfullshot.jpg

Here it was after deflasking 5/1/2007...they went into their own pots a month or so ago. Don't have pics of those. Just little tiny nuthins right now. They were very etiolated, and it looks like there starting to settle down in the new pots...

IMG_0593.jpg

Very nice color-I too purchased a flask from Chuck several years ago. To date, I have bloomed 2 and were both very dar, approaching purple. I have several more that are pushing up spikes right now but the plants are much bigger than the one you show. The two that I have bloomed have very small but cute blooms on diminutive plants. Yours is very cute indeed! Larry

Latest posts

Back