Phrag longifolium albino

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see those and I hope you have some for sale on day!

Eron, check out page 2 of this thread; Tom says this: "Forgot to mention - we have about a dozen of the larger selfings remaining. Too few to list on the website, but anyone interested can PM me."

Happy shopping!:p 'Better hurry up and get one before they're all gone!

Outstanding growing, and how about that sort of speed?! If only I could grown Phragmipediums well over time! One day.... and it will come.

Did any of these seedlings make it into Europe Tom???

Thanks John for mentioning that it must have been late when I read the thread. And since they weren't on the site, I assumed he was out.:)

Eron, check out page 2 of this thread; Tom says this: "Forgot to mention - we have about a dozen of the larger selfings remaining. Too few to list on the website, but anyone interested can PM me."

Happy shopping!:p 'Better hurry up and get one before they're all gone!

Hi Jean-Pierre,

If the original owner then contacts you and asks you to apply a different clonal name, it's up to you. If someone other than the original owner demands this be done, especially someone with a hidden agenda, then you have to use your best judgment.

Best Regards,

Not sure where you're going with this Mr. Kalina. The dictionary defines fraud, in part, as a breach of confidence for personal gain. The original clonal name always takes precedence, you conceded as much publically and indicated that you would change the clonal name back to "Pepe". In this matter, you did in fact confirm for yourself that the longifolium album was already used in breeding and the original owner did in fact tell you the clonal name was "Pepe" and wanted it changed back. You can dance around the subject all you want talking in circles about hidden agendas and rules that you make up as you go along, changing them to suit your own agenda. When you breach someone's confidence for your profit or gain, you are committing fraud. One can only assume that is where the moniker "Fraud Valley Orchids" comes from.

For those of you on the forum not familiar with that moniker there was a series of postings to the Orchid List Digest some years ago detailing a long line of such activities by Mr. Kalina and the author coined the term "Fraud Valley Orchids" to describe his dealings with Mr. Kalina.

Not only that, but it would appear Mr. Kalina both "loves it" when threads get hijacked and flips over to an apologist when the thread concerns his activities. There is a quote from Mr. Kalina as such on this forum not long ago...

The only agenda here is to protect the interests and reputation of a man and his business, a man who was kind enough to sell you a division of his plant only to have you replace his clonal name, and put the name of your business on his plant. When you sent the picture of the P. longifolium v. album to the Orchid Digest for publication, did the description include a note that the same was a division of Ecuagenera's plant? No, that piece of relevant information conveniently disappeared like Pepe's clonal name...

Hopefully now we can stop talking in circles and simply do the right thing.

For the forums reference here is Mr. Kalina's original posting on the subject. Judge for yourself:

December 21st, 2006, 03:00 PM #18

tomkalina
Gold Member

First Name: Tom
Interests: Slipper Orchids
I've been in contact with the original owner of our Phrag. longifolium var album, Jose Portilla, and he informs me that he did breed the original plant under a different clonal name before we purchased a piece of it. Because of his prior use of this plant for breeding purposes. We will change our clonal name of `Fox Valley Mint' to `Pepe' to comply with current practices. The original owner also assured me that Fox Valley Orchids has the only division of this particular clone so I must assume yours has a different clonal name ? It would be great if there was more than one clone.......

Best Regards,

tomkalina
View Public Profile

Find More Posts by tomkalina

Add tomkalina to Your Contacts

I didn't think you had a credible response Kalina. When does the fax go out telling your customers you stole Ecuagenera's clonal name? Not happenenig? Not surprised...

:sob::sob::sob:
I've been rather absent from the forum this summer, things went from worse to bad, I'm not quite seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, yet but it's there! I'm having a hard time biting my tongue on this thread as I try to catch/keep up. Guys - isn't life too short? Is this really worth it? Aren't things going a bit too far? Thank You for making us aware of both sides of the coin, each individual on this forum can make up their own mind regarding this matter. Those that have purchased seedlings, know the history behind the breeding plant and now it's up to them to do what they think is appropriate.
JOB WELL DONE BILL! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

:sob::sob::sob:
I've been rather absent from the forum this summer, things went from worse to bad, I'm not quite seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, yet but it's there! I'm having a hard time biting my tongue on this thread as I try to catch/keep up. Guys - isn't life too short? Is this really worth it? Aren't things going a bit too far? Thank You for making us aware of both sides of the coin, each individual on this forum can make up their own mind regarding this matter. Those that have purchased seedlings, know the history behind the breeding plant and now it's up to them to do what they think is appropriate.
JOB WELL DONE BILL! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Well said... Thank you for all the work you do keeping this forum up and running for all of us.:clap:

Back