Phrag list update. (trying again)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great Phrag list. Where did you get the Silver Eagle [white] and Silver Eagle [cream]? I would love to get my hands on those two. Are they still seedlings? I have some Silver Eagle seedlings but they are starting to bloom out with quite a pink tinge.

eBay! In bloom! They are from the Orchid Zone [white] Phrag program. I would mention the John Chant is the vendor, but Heather would probably say I have a crush on him again!

The lost world..."Dr. Watson, I presume.."

Well, I sent a few emails, called and spoke to Mr. Gouldner, filled in an on-line order form w/ credit card info, and still haven't gotten anything of my latest Phrag order from Woodstream. Is anyone out there also doing business w/ them? Have any idea what's going on or are they just too busy? :confused:

Eric,

My experience with Woodstream was not a good one. I placed two orders with them. The first arrived, and the plants were Ok. Not great, but Ok. They were reasonably priced, so I placed another order.

The second order arrived more than six months later! I kid you not. I figured it had gotten lost in the web somewhere, and I forgot about it. This box shows up six months later full of plants. The plants inside were on the lower end of the quality scale, and I actually didn't even want them anymore. I was a little pissed that they would do something like that without contacting me.

So I sent the plants back, and after a couple of weeks of delays, got a check in the mail for the refund.

I would not order from them again.

Again, this was my experience. Your mileage may vary.

I had the same thing happen to an order I placed a few weeks ago. I saw him at the SEPOS show at Longwood and asked. It's his family; his mother is having some problems. I'd just send an email check up, that's what I'm gonna do. Not rushing it myself now, since I did wallet damage at the show.

Beat all heck!

Well I finally heard from Woodstream and as Scooby5757 said there were problems w/ Bill's mom and hopefully [she will get better] my plants will ship next week. Unfortunately I contacted John Chant and he said my 2 white Phrags were shipped 13 days ago but I have not rec'd them so there is some problem. If they are tracked down the buds will certainly be gone by the time I get them! :( If not one of them was one of a kind so...:sob:

Finally!

As I was running out of the apt Saturday AM I got 3 deliveries of plants. The Woodstream Orchids order finally came thru and although one plant wasn't ready yet Bill hooked me up w/ a freebie for my troubles. I got the Gigantic! plant from Kinte [ now I know that you got rid of it because it took up so much room]! And, the cream and white OZ besseae hybrids came in from John Chant. Although one wasn't in bloom as advertised the other has a nice flower [almost impossible to photograph so far] with a lovely [Phrag. Hanne Popow-ish] fragrance. So I'm updating my Phrag. collection list.

Phrag Species:
besseae (5)
besseae flav. (4)
besseae (salmon)
dalessandroi
fischeri
pearcei
schlimii
Phrag Hybrids:
Cape Sunset
Prissy (2)
Prissy (peach)
Hanne Popow (4)
Frosted Velvet
Elizabeth Castle (2)
Will Chantry
Will Chantry (flav)
Jason Fischer (4)
Grouville(2)
Havre des Pas
Robert Palm (flav.)
Don Wimber
Holy Smoke
Waunakee Sunset (2)
Tara
Petit Port
Rachel Kirk
Elizabeth Castle (2)
Sunset Glow (2)
Andean Fire (flav.)
Rosy Charm
Aurora
Robert C. Silich
Sherman's March
Scarlett O'Hara
Acker's Superstar
Autumn Fire
Barbara LeAnn (2)
Barbara LeAnn (w/ dalessandroi)
Hot Shot
St. Ouen
St. Ouen (flav.) (2)
La Hougette
Beverly Fischer
Asuko Fischer
Ryoko Urabe
Lynn Evans Gouldner
Kelly Nash
Sara Beth
Twilight
Acker's Flare
Haley Decker
Fritz Schomburg
Yakima River [flav]
Sarah Eadie
Fast Forward
Satisfaction
Silver Rose [white]
Silver Rose [cream]
Cardinale

Un-named Phrag Hybrids:
fischeri x richteri
Hanne Popow x Sedenii
Mem. Dick Clemens x Sunset Glow
Saint's Apprentice x Barbara LeAnn
Rosy Charm x Barbara LeAnn
Magdelene Rose x Barbara LeAnn(2)
Mem. Dick Clemens x Waunakee Sunset
Twilight x besseae
Eric Young x Waunakee Sunset (2)
Twilight x Waunakee Sunset
Saint's Apprentice x Hanne Popow
Mem. Dick Clemens x Jersey
Cape Sunset x kovachii
Twilight x fischeri (2)
Demetria x Barbara LeAnn
Waunakee Sunset x schlimii
Rosy Charm x Twilight
Sunset Glow x besseae
Sunset Glow x St. Ouen
Sunset Glow x Sedenii
Hanne Popow (flav) x Lutz Rollke
Mem. Dick Clemens x Acker's Superstar
Acker's Superstar x besseae
Twilight x Barbara LeAnn
Twilight x Hanne Popow
Magdalene Rose x Waunakee Sunset
Inca Fire x besseae
Inca Fire x Sunset Glow
Magdelene Rose x besseae
Lynn Evans Gouldner X besseae flav.
besseae x Taras

I just became aware of new Hybrid registrations; so I'm updating my Phrag. collection list.

Phrag Species:
besseae (5)
besseae flav. (4)
besseae (salmon)
dalessandroi
fischeri
pearcei
schlimii

Phrag Hybrids:
Cape Sunset
Prissy (2)
Prissy (peach)
Hanne Popow (4)
Frosted Velvet
Elizabeth Castle (2)
Will Chantry
Will Chantry (flav)
Jason Fischer (4)
Grouville(2)
Havre des Pas
Robert Palm (flav.)
Don Wimber
Holy Smoke
Waunakee Sunset (2)
Tara
Petit Port
Rachel Kirk
Elizabeth Castle (2)
Sunset Glow (2)
Andean Fire (flav.)
Rosy Charm
Aurora
Robert C. Silich
Sherman's March
Scarlett O'Hara
Acker's Superstar
Autumn Fire
Barbara LeAnn (2)
Barbara LeAnn (w/ dalessandroi)
Hot Shot
St. Ouen
St. Ouen (flav.) (2)
La Hougette
Beverly Fischer
Asuko Fischer
Ryoko Urabe
Lynn Evans Gouldner
Kelly Nash
Sara Beth
Twilight
Acker's Flare
Haley Decker
Fritz Schomburg
Yakima River [flav]
Sarah Eadie
Fast Forward
Satisfaction
Silver Rose [white]
Silver Rose [cream]
Cardinale
Acker's Ice = Rosy Charm x Barbara LeAnn
Summer Sun = Eric Young x Waunakee Sunset (2)
Evening Blaze = Twilight x Waunakee Sunset

Un-named Phrag Hybrids:
fischeri x richteri
Hanne Popow x Sedenii
Mem. Dick Clemens x Sunset Glow
Saint's Apprentice x Barbara LeAnn
Magdelene Rose x Barbara LeAnn(2)
Twilight x besseae
Saint's Apprentice x Hanne Popow
Mem. Dick Clemens x Jersey
Cape Sunset x kovachii
Twilight x fischeri (2)
Demetria x Barbara LeAnn
Waunakee Sunset x schlimii
Rosy Charm x Twilight
Sunset Glow x besseae
Sunset Glow x St. Ouen
Sunset Glow x Sedenii
Hanne Popow (flav) x Lutz Rollke
Mem. Dick Clemens x Acker's Superstar
Acker's Superstar x besseae
Twilight x Barbara LeAnn
Twilight x Hanne Popow
Magdalene Rose x Waunakee Sunset
Inca Fire x besseae
Inca Fire x Sunset Glow
Magdelene Rose x besseae
Lynn Evans Gouldner X besseae flav.
besseae x Taras

Eric,
I am just new to the Forum and so I saw your list of Phrags today for the first time and I am more than jealous. I just love Phrags and I have abot fifty of them but not in such a variety you ae having. Some of them I have up to seven times, because last autumn, when I started again with orchids after a break of about ten years, I bought up all the Prags of a german vendor who wanted to get rid of them. But here in Germany we don´t have offered such a big variety and new crosses as you seam to have in the States, also we have here Mr.Franz Glanz of Wössner Orchideen who is doing a lot of breeding. But I just talked to him yesterday and he offered me quite normal things, like Ruby Slipper, and none of his many own hybrids. So you can imagine why I am saying I am jealous, and the Phrags are so easy to grow in the way with the trays of water you are practicing and I already did so ten years ago. So I now have almost more Paphs instead of Phrags, because I more have the chance to get some here in Germany.
Hello from Germany and good luck for all this lovely Phrags and I hope you post many pictures of them inthe FOrum
Nikolaus

Welcome from NYC! I have posted some in the Phrag photos section and hopefully will have more. Where in DE are you? My 'ex'-girlfriend is in Berlin. If you likes slipperorchids Frausch has great Cyps. also.

Latest posts

Back