Phrag. lindleyanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefrog

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I simply wanted to share my Phrag. lindleyanum in spike (flowers have yet to appear). I live in French Guiana where this plant is native too. This is the division of a wild collected plants that have been around for quite a while (before 2001 when the species was declared protected local). I think this specific plant comes from the Mitaraka region from the Tumu-Humac mountain range at the border of Brazil and Surinam. The plant is grown outdoor and receive direct sun part of the day. It’s planted in a mix of coarse charcoal and with a topping of sphagnum moss.

I will follow the flower development and keep everyone updated.
Cheers20220426_181133.jpg

Looks like a very nice and happy plant! The urge to grow native plants is a wonderful one! Ours are protected as well! (Cymbidium Reginae is the most commonly known!) All the flasks and divisions are descended from wild grown. The limited number of successfully grown plants used in breeding programs kept the cost of legally grown, not wild seedlings very very high! Not too many years ago they were $150-$200 per plant! Now rooted seedlings can be gotten for less than $50. But the waiting lists are long! I have to get my name in this fall to be eligible for spring seedlings! First come first serve!

Latest posts

Back