Phrag. Laurie-Lei Quintal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateL

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost threw this one out. The first three times it bloomed without a pouch. The next two times it bloomed with the petals barely opened. While I am hoping the shape might continue to improve, I remain fascinated by the intense, velvety, red. This blossom is almost done, as you may notice. I will try to remember to post the next one.CB14743A-5B35-4C2E-95B1-80EB6B9CB28E.jpeg

Skip the trash, toss into nearest volcano. That red is hotter than lava.

How big is the plant now?

Skip the trash, toss into nearest volcano. That red is hotter than lava.

How big is the plant now?
Hi Max, it is in a 4 to 5-inch pot that has 3 old growths (I dispensed with earlier ones), the growth that is blooming, and one more growth that is nearly blooming size. It is relatively compact. I just noticed that it has a “branching” bud on this scape - must be from the dalessandroi in it, I suppose. So, if/when the next two buds open, I‘ll post a couple more pictures showing more of the plant. It is “time” to repot, but I am reluctant to upset the apple cart. Best, Kate

I almost threw this one out. The first three times it bloomed without a pouch. The next two times it bloomed with the petals barely opened. While I am hoping the shape might continue to improve, I remain fascinated by the intense, velvety, red. This blossom is almost done, as you may notice. I will try to remember to post the next one.View attachment 20910
You're very patient!

Latest posts

Back