Phrag kovachii X Living Fire

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
This cross has been more variable than the others. One bloomed pink but this one has bloomed red. I don't care for the form on this bloom but hopefully there will be others with better form.

PKxLivingFire.jpg

XlivingFire.jpg

Do you own one of this cross, Ron? I like that it's different. You know just by looking at it what one of the parents is. I'd like to see purple!

How long was the flower open when you took the picture?
Lance I am not sure. I have had a hectic week and have not been to the greenhouse much. It wasn't opened Saturday when I was there and did not get a chance to get back there until yesterday. Glen has been out of the country, so there was no one around to get that info from.

Candace I do have one of each that Piping Rock has listed.

Rob I know it has been registered and for the life of me, I can't recall what this one was registered as. I know the Walter Schomburg cross was named Phrag Alfredo Manrique

Thank you Ron
Nice picture for a very interesting PK hybrid. Can Alfredo and I use them for our lectures at the WOC in MIami 2008?
It is good to know these hybrids are in excellent growers care.
Enjoy the new babies...
Isaias

I've got one of those that looks like it might bloom soon. Nice to see a preview. Maybe better form on subsequent flowers.

Lance I am not sure. I have had a hectic week and have not been to the greenhouse much. It wasn't opened Saturday when I was there and did not get a chance to get back there until yesterday. Glen has been out of the country, so there was no one around to get that info from.

Candace I do have one of each that Piping Rock has listed.

Rob I know it has been registered and for the life of me, I can't recall what this one was registered as. I know the Walter Schomburg cross was named Phrag Alfredo Manrique

Ron - Thanks for posting these photos! I guess Phrag Alfredo Manrique has bloomed before, otherwise it wouldn't be named. Anyone know where a photo is?

e-spice

Thanks again Ron
This is so big.... And we have not seen yet the PK hybrids with caudatum and related species....
Have you all a good weekend

Isaias

Latest posts

Back