Phrag kovachii x besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TADD

Rootless Wonder
Reaction score
So I was given a seedling of this fine cross. It came from HP last weekend. I need some help... Moss or no? Tray of good water yes or no? It is in HP's bark right now, but I know how besseaes love the moss... ANY tips would be great. I have read several posts.... I am still going down to HP's at the end of this month. Any suggestions from you phrag people would be just great... Thanks! It ain't a fairrieanum so I am somewhat clueless...

How do you grow your other phrags?

The exact media is not so important. What is important is what you do to the media with water and fertilizer. You should grow the plant in a mix that you are familiar with and trust.

Some people have had problems w Pk hybrids from moving them to other media than what they come in. Since I grow w/ the bottoms of the pots in water I put mine [that were in straight sphagnum] into a mixed [CHC, coconut chips, sphagnum, bark, primagra, and dolomite] media. The one I just got from Orchidview I left alone for now.

Well I guess I should say I do not grow any phrags. I was thinking of sphag in a clay pot in a tray of water? Unless some of you rich folk wanna send me some old PA.... :poke:

TADD said:
Well I guess I should say I do not grow any phrags. I was thinking of sphag in a clay pot in a tray of water? Unless some of you rich folk wanna send me some old PA.... :poke:
That's one heck of a gift for someone who doesn't grow Phrags!

Hey E as Eric said I would contact him for availabiltiy. Sorry I missed it. Lance, my seedling is in a tall 2 1/2 inch tall tera -cota pot. In sphag in a tray of water. I see my boss growing his phrags in water. Is this a wrong technique? Thanks for your help!

TADD said:
Sorry I missed it. Lance, my seedling is in a tall 2 1/2 inch tall tera -cota pot. In sphag in a tray of water. I see my boss growing his phrags in water. Is this a wrong technique? Thanks for your help!

It is a good technique. But be careful with the small pot to make sure it does not sit too deep in water. You need to maintain some "dryer" root zone (not dry, just dryer). If you want to try it in PrimeAgra PM me your address and I'll donate you enough to pot it up.

Latest posts

Back