Phrag kovachii in flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1214215

Reaction score
Hi.

I have some flasks of Phrag kovachii in flask and my lab has been replating them in P6668 at half strength as I think they were advised.

However, they seem to put out new shoots at the base, but the plants seem to never grow much higher.

Can anyone suggest how to get the plants to grow large enough in flask to get them to a deflasking size? Should the media be full strength.. Any particular additives?

Brett

Hi.

I have some flasks of Phrag kovachii in flask and my lab has been replating them in P6668 at half strength as I think they were advised.

However, they seem to put out new shoots at the base, but the plants seem to never grow much higher.

Can anyone suggest how to get the plants to grow large enough in flask to get them to a deflasking size? Should the media be full strength.. Any particular additives?

Brett

Hi Brett,

If you don't get an answer here, you could contact Western Orchid Lab in Sth Australia. I was talking to them last year and they had a similar problem
with their kovachii cultures and from memory they had solved the problem.

Mick

Your probably not going to get a response from the ones that due do flasking because they most likely do it as a business or is some how part of a business.

Latest posts

Back