Phrag. kovachii habitat in San Martín, Peru.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lance, thats kovachii for sure. The hairs on the capsule are a dead give away.

Kyle

Kyle said:
Hi Lance, thats kovachii for sure. The hairs on the capsule are a dead give away.

Kyle

Kyle, The plant leaves and growth habit look so different, that combined with 4 flowers on the spike is why I question it. But then maybe it is growing in a different micro environment from the others?

It looks a little different, the leafs are a bit more erect then other pictures. 4 flowers is exceptional. But I'm sure its kovachii. Those capsules/ovaries are unique.

Kyle

Good morning,
Yes Kyle. I also questioned at the beguining (two years ago), We have tracked this particular plant and last year had not 4, but 5 seed pods. We were unfortunately late last year and this year to have the chance for THE PICTURE with 4 or 5 blooms at the same time. Very heavy rains...Locals said they had the oportunity to observe 3 flowers at the same time. I wonder if some day we could observe 5 or more flowers at the same time. Size of course was smaller. Reports of more plants, up to seven "flower seats", are in fact very rare, but...
Thank you Pablo for posting this pictures. Thanks Lance for the coments

Kyle
The plant is where it belongs: at the natural habitat. I only hope this new habitat could be better protected. As you know there are no gards or police protection on these habitats. We only trust that this is a very far away habitat and a clift that could "protect" some plants located there.
Sorry to disapoint you...
Have a good week

Latest posts

Back