Phrag kovachii Flasks for Lansing MI & Chicago

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
Greetings to Lansing area Slippertalk members. (Rob +?) I will be giving a talk on growing Lycaste in the home on Jan 20, at the GLOS meeting. I have picked up a few flasks of Phrag kovachii ('Laura' x 'Ann') from Fritz Schomburg. This is a fresh batch, from a different mother flask, on different media than the last batch. These are a very lovely batch of seedlings. If you would like me to bring along a flask for you please contact me before Jan 19th and I will bring the flasks along. The flasks will be $400 for a 25 plant flask or $16 each plantlet for flasks with lower plantlet counts.

These are the legal flasks from the partnership of Alfredo Manrique, Glen Decker & Fritz Schomburg, I am handling these as a favor to Fritz, you will get a receipt from Glen Decker a few weeks after I submit your name to the group.

My Chicago and Milwaukee area friends may also get ahold of me, and arrange delivery. These seedlings are big enough to ship if need be, but this time of year the weather may not cooperate.

Thanks
Leo (847) 309-3821 cell

Phrag kovachii flasks

If logistics make it difficult to pick up a flask of kovachii from me, you can order directly from Piping Rock, and GLen will have it shipped.
Thanks
Leo

And to add to that, the kovachii flasks that Leo is lugging around are absolutely fantastic. So much nicer than the first batch it is hard to even describe it.

littlefrog said:
And to add to that, the kovachii flasks that Leo is lugging around are absolutely fantastic. So much nicer than the first batch it is hard to even describe it.
OK, when the seedlings of those and the "Flame" besseae divisions are ready let me know!:)

Hey Dot,
Thanks, I enjoyed my visit. It was fun having dinner with you and the group. You have a great bunch of orchid people in Lansing, a lot of experience there. Thanks again for the email that started the ball rolling. It was good seeing you again. Have a good show this weekend.
Rob, you have a great collection. Thanks for having me by. (& to buy, love that Jade Dragon)
Leo

For those that don't know, some of the luminaries of the Geater Lansing Orchid Society membership include:
Doris Asher(AOS & Paphs fame), Don Garling (lectures on pest control & other topics), Lynn O'Shaunessey (Pleurothallid Alliance founder & a 2007 WOC speaker), Bill Porter(Porters Orchids), Rob Halgren(FrogPond Orchids), Jan Szyren(of MSU Fertilizer fame), more Ph D s in the room than you could shake a stick at. Actually a fun crowd. People who have had to give talks tend to be more forgiving of the little goof ups that happen along the way. (Dot, I hope you deleted THAT photograph !!!)

Last edited:
Leo Schordje said:
(Dot, I hope you deleted THAT photograph !!!)
Don't worry, Leo. It's long gone.

I also concur with Rob's assessment of the kovachii flasks. I hope I'm better at growing them this time... (Rob's place is called Littlefrog Farm -- Frog Pond Phrags is in Traverse City)

So, Leo, are you coming to the GLOS show in February? Has Georgian contacted you yet?

Laura is the cover of Piping Rocks lates Catalog, Ann is on the inside cover. Both images can be found on Piping Rocks website.

Hey Dot, I talked with Georgian, I won't be able to attend the show. I certainly hope to do it next year, but this year is not possible.

Thanks.
Leo

Leo Schordje said:
Hey Dot, I talked with Georgian, I won't be able to attend the show. I certainly hope to do it next year, but this year is not possible.

Thanks.
Leo
It is kinda late notice...

Latest posts

Back