Phrag klotzscheanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gideon

This is another species I am hunting for...

Phrag klotzscheanum

Phragklotzscheanum1.jpg

Phragklotzscheanum-1.jpg

Phragklotzscheanum.jpg

DAMN thats cool! Thats a species that I don't have and would love to find a nice one in the US, especially now that Ive seen your photos :) Are they your plants?

- Matthew Gore

I love the color on this one as well. It's a great purple.

Get your camera back asap. We need more pictures :poke:

Pictures are great

This is such a beautiful Phrag. I have seen this plant in color illustrations in Curtis Botanical book and I always wanted one. The artist captured the purple color on the petals and the dorsal sepals. This is the first time that I have seen it in picture and it is absolutely beautiful. I will have to contact my friend in Edmonton to see if he is willing to sell me his plant. He told me the plant is a real fussy grower.

Paphman910

I've been searching through all of the photos I can find of this species, and so far I haven't found anything even remotely similar to the color in the pouch of the first two photos. Any chance that's a hybrid, or just odd lighting?

The third photo still has excellent color, but is more like what I'd expect. I'm going to keep my eye out for flasks or seedlings of these...

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

gore42 said:
I've been searching through all of the photos I can find of this species, and so far I haven't found anything even remotely similar to the color in the pouch of the first two photos. Any chance that's a hybrid, or just odd lighting?

The third photo still has excellent color, but is more like what I'd expect. I'm going to keep my eye out for flasks or seedlings of these...

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

I've never seen a P. klotzscheanums so dark before. here is a photo of mine, which is typical colour for the species.

klot.jpg

The first two pics were taken under 'natural' lighting, inside the owner's greenhouse, the third was of the same plant at the plant table of our last society meeting, this was under flourescent lights and using fill in flash.

Absolutely STUNNING!

I wonder how well those colours would be imparted onto progenies....

lienluu, thanks for the photo... you have a beauty too :)

Gideon, now that I know that they're the same plant (I suppose I should have guessed that to begin with) I feel better about the colors. Now they just seem like exceptional colors for the species, but definitely the species :)

- Matt Gore

Those are very nice dark ones!

Here is a picture from one of our seedlings; I think it represents the more typical color of Phrag. klotzscheanum:

klotzs.jpg

Robert

Latest posts

Back