Phrag. klotzscheanum x pearcei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Following are some pictures of a new primary cross that I made between Phrag. klotzscheanum and pearcei. I still have not named the hybrid. Any suggestions? (I was thinking of ......Wossner Klotzpear......no just kidding......)

klotzpear.jpg

pearklotz.jpg

Robert

I think that turned out very well. The colors are vibrant yet still delicate. Very nice bloom, I say. I guess no other seedlings of this cross have bloomed out?

That's a wonderful cross! Is this a phrag that will stay on the small side and is it available for sale? My accomadations are so limited.

Yes, as both parents are "miniature" phrag species, this hybrid will also stay on the small side, and yes we have them available (go to our website - see below-)

Robert

With any luck (meaning getting members of my family to agree on a few things), this cross will have a name shortly.

Assuming this all goes down, it will be named after my aunt, who is dying of breast cancer and currently in hospice care.

Of course, if anyone wants to give me money to offset orchidweb.com's non-free registration cost, I'm all ears. :p

Seems to have come out a little too pearcei heavy for my tastes(I LOVE klotz), but still a very nice phrag! Maybe name it something like Phrag. Potzy...can't come up with any witty blendings.
________
AFRICAN COOKING

Last edited:
Back