Phrag ID ???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
G'day, here is a pic of a Phrag I bought as a seedling Praying Mantis, clearly its not. I was told it was a Carol Kanzer, its not, its 4 times or better the size of a Carol Kanzer from what I have seen. The plant grows like calurum but more upright. The size across the petals from memory is about 4 inches ( 100 mm ) Any suggestions on what it may be will be appreciated. I hope to get a better pic this season.

Unknown.jpg

Roy

Yea I like it too, excellent shape, too bad it doesn't have an id yet.

The pouch is very wide, which phrag would give those characteristics? Maybe it has phrag grande in it?

I don't think its Schroderae....too pale, and not "muscular" like Schrodera...that's a massive bloom with bigger shoulders than I have! Take care, Eric

Dot, I think you may have hit the right note. I bought the seedling from a grower / breeder who has the right plants for creating Silver Eagle and your cross but I he doesn't actually have a Silver Eagle plant in his collection. I am begining to think he made the Silver Eagle cross and mixed up the flask names. BTW, I love your plant, such a change from the reds. :poke:

Dot, I posted the pic of my Phrag for ID on another forum and a member posted a pic of a Phrag, same cross as yours ( his from Orchid Zone ) his is much whiter and apart from the pouch being very pale like your plant where mine is deep pink they are extremely close. Your observations have been a great help, thanks.
Oh! What size plant does yours make please, leaf length etc ???

Dot, I posted the pic of my Phrag for ID on another forum and a member posted a pic of a Phrag, same cross as yours ( his from Orchid Zone ) his is much whiter and apart from the pouch being very pale like your plant where mine is deep pink they are extremely close. Your observations have been a great help, thanks.
Oh! What size plant does yours make please, leaf length etc ???
Unfortunately, mine is very sick right now -- might not make it. But as I recall, the plant wasn't terribly big. More of a medium size Phrag. The pearcei should help keep it a reasonable size. Mine was ultimately from OZ, also, by the way. I'd get another one, if I could find one.

Latest posts

Back