Phrag Hanne Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
I got this a few years ago as a NBS seedling. This is the first bloom. I think it looks pretty good but it doesn't have the rounder pouch that I like on most HP's. I ended up selling it to a friend as a valentines gift for his fiancee. The cross is besseae flavum x schlimii 'Near White'

Picture008.jpg

The pouch may be better next time. I see it's a bit punched in, like lots of mine have been this year for some reason.

Eric, this one was grown at 58 degree minimum temp at night and didn't go above 70 during the day the whole time it was in spike...I think that's the best color you can get out of it. Plus, that picture is a little washed out, the color was a bit stronger.

..... 58 degree minimum temp at night and didn't go above 70 during the day the whole time it was in spike...I think that's the best color you can get out of it.....

It's a sweet besseae cross...like a sprinkling of powdered sugar! :D

I agree with both of the above! If it had the schlimi shape it would be right on! I love Hanne for that reason, I don't blame you for giving it away ... but then I have this .... what would it look like next time? Could the shape change that much? :confused:

Back