Phrag. Haley Decker (kovachii x St. Ouen)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
This is the second blooming. I got the plant in 2007 and it was so SMALL I thought it might come apart in my hands while I was trying to repot it. I think the bloom has improved slightly since the first bloom. To me, this one has a lot of kovachii influence. It's probably my favorite kovachii hybrid so far.

e-spice

IMG_0266.JPG

Wow!:drool: Very nice! Still waiting for mine to bloom. How long has this one been open compared to when you took the pic of the one last year?

It only opened this morning and it may not be completely open. I'll take another picture if it opens more.

e-spice

That spotting is different! May I ask, who did you get it from? Pk seedlings Dont grow well for me at all. What mix is it in? Yay besseae hybrids! :D

I agree for the influence in shape, a lovely bloom!!! What size is it? Jean

I'll try to measure it tonight. It was 12-cm NS last time but seemed so much bigger - maybe because of those big petals.

That spotting is different! May I ask, who did you get it from? Pk seedlings Dont grow well for me at all. What mix is it in? Yay besseae hybrids! :D

It came from Piping Rock when they offered the first kovachii hybrids. It is growing S/H and always seemed to like it okay. It probably has six - seven growths in various stages of development. To me, it is a little easier and faster growing than some hybrids like Jason Fischer or Memoria Dick Clements. The leaves don't seem to get the notorious black tip issues which drives me up the wall! The growth habit seems nice too with no up, up, and away tendencies so common with some besseae hybrids.

e-spice

Back