Phrag. Grouville 4N in situ..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
P5120837.jpg

P5130846.jpg

P5140859.jpg

P5140862.jpg

P5140868.jpg

P5140872.jpg

Candace said:
I almost didn't see the flower I was so enthralled by your jungle:) Quite a lot of plants, there.
I thought so too; until I went to Lien Luu's apartment! I realize now that I have room for about 100 more!:rollhappy:

Next time you visit, tickle him to distract and then while he's in a happy mood ask him to send me some of his micranthums. I would never suggest stealing them while he was out of the room. ;)

Splitting hairs but I think it is ex situ....

In situ
1. situated in the original, natural, or existing place or position: The archaeologists were able to date the vase because it was found in situ.

I realize there are other definitions but when I think of plants being "in situ" it is in their natural habitat. Sorry, this has been bugging me all day. How could the hybrid Grouville possibly be in situ???

Chalk it up to my anthro background, but if it isn't found in the field, it isn't "in situ".

Heather said:
Splitting hairs but I think it is ex situ....

I realize there are other definitions but when I think of plants being "in situ" it is in their natural habitat. Sorry, this has been bugging me all day. How could the hybrid Grouville possibly be in situ???

Chalk it up to my anthro background, but if it isn't found in the field, it isn't "in situ".
Since this is a manmade hybrid it is in it's natural habitat i.e. 'in situ'. [note the double latin usage -vidi, vinci, vidi!]:rollhappy:

Got what you mean by "In Situ"
&
I love how you use it clap:
Darn, instead of having the pictograph, this thing just says clap,
crap .

Got what you mean by "In situ"
&
I love how you use the word :clap:

Latest posts

Back