Phrag. Greta Twee (Don Wimber 'Daddy Mac' AM/AOS x schilimii 'Passionate Pink')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abax

In Remembrance 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might anyone else have this cross? Just noticed this morning that the bloom is both lovely and fragrant. I haven't noticed before that this cross has a faint, but very nice
fragrance today.

Might anyone else have this cross? Just noticed this morning that the bloom is both lovely and fragrant. I haven't noticed before that this cross has a faint, but very nice
fragrance today.
Picture? Smellovision?

I have the same cross by same parents but have not bloomed it yet. I will try to remember to smell it when it blooms. I'm guessing mine needs some more size but not sure. The parents are different sized plants. What is the leaf span on yours?

I'm guessing about 8"-10". It's a petite plant with two mature growths. The second bloom on the spike is developing a
stronger fragrance after being fully open for three days or thereabouts. It has joined my favorites list. Lovely blooms and
the fragrance is alluring. BTW, my blooms are not really pink.

I'm guessing about 8"-10". It's a petite plant with two mature growths. The second bloom on the spike is developing a
stronger fragrance after being fully open for three days or thereabouts. It has joined my favorites list. Lovely blooms and
the fragrance is alluring. BTW, my blooms are not really pink.
Thanks. Mine is a little smaller than that plus single growth. So mine will be a while yet.

I know your tricks now Eric. When it gets big enough, I'll send you a hunk. How's that?

Ken, mine started taking off when I set the clay pot in a clay saucer and fertilized weakly with every watering.

Ken, mine started taking off when I set the clay pot in a clay saucer and fertilized weakly with every watering.
Thanks. I use a weak fertilizer with every watering, too. Mine is around 10" leaf span but it needs repotted. The base needs to be planted a little bit deeper plus the roots have filled pot.