Phrag Green Giant

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lindafrog

Help! I am trying to find out more information on Phrag Green Giant. Phrag Web does not show it as a hybrid. My only information is an unregistered cross of Green Giant x Maybrook back in 2004. Any and all information most welcome!!:rollhappy:
Lindafrog-- just in from chipping 5 inches of solid ice off greenhouse eaves!!

Sorry, it's not showing up as a registered hybrid in Orchid Wiz. Maybe it's a clonal name. There is a cymbidium and Rsc(Rhynchosophro) Green Giant, but no phrag...

I'm not sure, but it might be a clonal name for a Phrag amazonica (richteri) that I think Oz has.???

The label rubbed off, but I bought an amazonica from Helen Hersh, and I'm pretty sure it was from Oz parentage of which one was called green giant

Come to think of it I think it was Green Giant X sib.

Last edited:
I wonder if it is a grande or a caudatum with clonal names like that.

Well technically a clonal name can be attached to anything as much as you want as long as some one else doesn't use it first for an awarded plant of the same species or hybrid you are interested in. So its possible.

So, is Maybrook the clonel name of another richteri and you have a F2 generation? OR is Maybrook also the name of a Phrag hybrid? I know of several slippers with the clonel name of 'Maybrook'

Latest posts

Back