Phrag Grande

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moraru

It had three spikes with three flowers each. I wanted to bring in to judging - but of course flowers were just a little past their peak when the weekend came up :(

Attachments

• Phrag Grande.jpg
    Phrag Grande.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 66
I'm sure it was enjoyed while here! It seems the long petaled paph flowers have longer longevity than the phrags, but I'll take them just the same!

I agree

Yes - but it did last from first flower opening to last flower falling off more than 2 months... It just wasn't at it's peak for judging... Too bad - it was the first thing I was ever going to bring in for judging. I've had the plant for serveral years.. Usually throws two spikes with two flowers each. This year, three spikes with three flowers each --- it was SPECTACULAR at it's peak! (and even when it wasn't at it's peak :) )

I actually think phrags/paphs know what thay are doing and bloom so you can't take them to judging ! They don't want to travel ,be fondled, measured and scrutinized..can't say that I blame them !:wink:
Your Grande was fantastic ! Congratulations to you anyways !

Latest posts

Back