Phrag Grande 'Paige Malito' AM

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Impressive!!
Are you the one that got an AM, or did you buy it as a division?

Just so you know, this plant is NOT a Phrag. Grande (caudatum x longifolium), but a Phrag. Super Grande (popowii aka warscewiczii) x longifolium). These plants were often mislabeled, because it is not until a few years ago that for registration purposses Phrag. popowii (aka warscewiczii) was considered a valid species. You can always recognize Phrag. Super Grande from it's darker flowers compared to Phrag. Grande.

Robert
Robert thanks for the name correction. Last year when I posted this plant Ernie also gave a name correction (probably the same name, don't remember) but I elected to not change it out of repect for the original owner and award recipient. To my surprise, Ms. Malito contacted me after she saw her plant posted. She ask how I had come by this division and it was named after her grandaughter (I believe she said). I told her the story behind obtaining my division as it was willed to me, not bought. My source originally bought it from Windy Hill Orchids. Whom was apparently in-charge of caring for the plant and divide it over time. Then sold divisions as part of payment for the care, as I understand it.
I glad I didn't change the name then or I probably would not of heard from Ms Malito. Now, I probably will and footnote the Grande part.

more open!

P1010781.jpg

Closeup:
P1010785.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool:
I'm crossing my fingers , I was given a SuperGrande, in time I hope it looks like that!

Latest posts

Back