Phrag Grande 'Paige Malito' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
PGrandePaigeMalitoAM3.jpg

PGrandePaigeMalitoAM4.jpg

PGrandePaigeMalitoAM2.jpg

Enjoy:)

Updated PIC

All three finally open but the last one is still elongating it's petals. I discovered a brand new spike forming on the backside of the plant!! extended blooming time for me:drool:
PDRM0030.jpg

PDRM0034.jpg

Ok, I'll be the first to bring up the Wossner Supergrande issue again... :) Color and plant size whispers warscewiczianum/popowii is in there somewhere? Anyway, I like the way the three flowers are side by side. Cool stake job.

-Ernie

Ok, I'll be the first to bring up the Wossner Supergrande issue again... :) Color and plant size whispers warscewiczianum/popowii is in there somewhere? Anyway, I like the way the three flowers are side by side. Cool stake job.

-Ernie

Ernie,
I just received a PM from MsMalito (a forum member) Telling me a little history about this plant. Her mother-in-law got this plant awarded in 1999 and named it after her grandaughter. So, what are you suggesting, that I write on the tag "Phrag Grande 'Paige Malito' AM/AOS pre 2007" or whatever year the experts decided to make caudutum var warsce.... into a species "popowii" Or better yet, throw Grande and AM/AOS into the trash. Give it the name you came up with Wossner SuperG 'Paige Malito' and have poor MsMalito wondering what fool from Texas broke into her GH and stole something she didn't even know she was growing. :confused:

Ernie,
I just received a PM from MsMalito (a forum member) Telling me a little history about this plant. Her mother-in-law got this plant awarded in 1999 and named it after her grandaughter. So, what are you suggesting, that I write on the tag "Phrag Grande 'Paige Malito' AM/AOS pre 2007" or whatever year the experts decided to make caudutum var warsce.... into a species "popowii" Or better yet, throw Grande and AM/AOS into the trash. Give it the name you came up with Wossner SuperG 'Paige Malito' and have poor MsMalito wondering what fool from Texas broke into her GH and stole something she didn't even know she was growing. :confused:

You know me, just stirring the taxonomic pot. The clonal name doesn't change. I don't make the changes, I am just cursed with some insane need to keep up with them. Just ignore me and I'll go away.

-Ernie

I also have a division of a dark Grande ("Katie' AM/AOS), which a got from HP Norton. He is sure that it was made with warscewiczianum. But I'm keeping it as labeled, since that was the correct identification when it was awarded.

Photos to be posted when it blooms.
Gary

Latest posts

Back