Phrag. Golden Beryl (Robert Palm x wallisii)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Hi Guys,

over the weekend 4 new hybrids opened up (2 Phrags and 2 Paph's). I will post pictures of all 4.

The first one is Phrag. Robert Palm flavum x wallisii (now officially called warscewiczianum). I named it Phrag. Golden Beryl. Beryl is a gemstone that is usually yellow to yellow green in color.

I am trying to breed for some long petalled yellows and whites. Here was the first flower. Keep in mind that the petals are probably still growing, and this is a first bloom on a small plant:

GoldBeryl.jpg

Robert

I think more breeding should be done with flavums. They're so unusual rather than the typical reds or greens.

I agree, that is why I have been doing a lot of breeding with yellow's and peaches and lately I am doing some breeding to get some long petalled pink's to white's.

Robert

Robert

When will that one be available? SOON I hope. I will order one as soon as it is available. I love it. I love any thing with long petals, but that one especially catches my eye.

Latest posts

Back