Phrag. giganteum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
i bought this baby in bud about half a month ago and she's finally bloomed.

first blooming on this plant; she has 3 buds and this is the first to open. when i measured the petal while i took the pics, it was about 9". today when i measured while fertilizing, its about 11.5". the measurements could be a little off here and there due to paralax but its definitely lengthened for sure.

i personally hope the colouration of the pouch would improve--either get darker or get lighter, but the marking in the pouch is just stunning. i hope the long petals would also do something, maybe a small twist.

thanks for looking and enjoy, all comments are welcomed.

phraggigantea1.jpg

phraggigantea5.jpg

phraggigantea3.jpg

phraggigantea4.jpg

Last edited:
thanks, wide?
hmm maybe it has something to due with the way the pics are added onto the post, i'll try something else. cause for me, i see a 2x2.

Wide? I see the photos as a vertical column.

Very nice Giganteum -- I like the spots and fuzzies inside the pouch.

Giganteum is caudatum x Grande, btw.

thanks for all the compliments =) i'm really enjoying my view, i have at least two more buds to open on this spike. i think itz gonna call it a day after three flowers. the petals are at about 14.5"

phraggigantea7.jpg

Last edited:
It's improving day after day....Congrats, very nice flower and very well grown :clap:

Great flower. I like the color. Mine just has one flower left on it out of 5, but it is a bit deeper in color. Isn't it fun watching the flowers unfurl and the petals grow and begin to twist? Mine was a first bloomer and I watched it constantly.

I hope all your blooms hang in there together until the last one opens.

Marilyn

i'll take a pick and post it tomorrow since i dun have work tomorrow. i have 2 flowers open now and the 3rd one is growing ^^

i watch it constantly too and i think the long petals starts to slow its lengthening around 15", also i hope it lasts until the last one opens, then i can take a full pic =)

for those who are interested, here are the updated photos with #2 flower opened ^^ it has one more flower to go and then its gonna call it off =) im so excited, hehe.

phraggigantea10.jpg

phraggigantea8.jpg

phraggigantea9.jpg

and also i take back what i said about it slowing done the lengthening of the petals at around 15"... it is currently longer than the 15" ruler i have so i have no clue how long it is, gonna hafta get a tap measure soon, but it is definitely getting longer still... itz going to touch the phal which is below the petals very soon

IMG_1888.jpg

Last edited:
I need to do a photography course. Great photos!Love the length of the petals.

Don't feel alone!

i watch it constantly too and i think the long petals starts to slow its lengthening around 15", also i hope it lasts until the last one opens, then i can take a full pic =)
Give it your best estimation! :poke: Won't make much difference - we'll love it just the same!

Latest posts

Back