Phrag. Fritz Schomburg

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: it’s got a sheath so experiment #1 is a success! Good thing since I’ve bought several more test plants over the last year! 😂
If you have a way to keep it cooler the color will probably be better. I just have to rely on dumb luck, I don't have a way to cool the barn.

If you have a way to keep it cooler the color will probably be better. I just have to rely on dumb luck, I don't have a way to cool the barn.
Yeah, in a couple months I’d have that! I will say that we keep the house on the cool side and despite the amount of sun, the kitchen is one of the cooler rooms. Growing it in rockwool and perlite also may be helping. Not expecting a miracle tho, I’ll just be happy to bloom something I’ve had long enough to be responsible for.

So, I bought a weather station 🙄…I’ve kept it pretty cool in the window the last two months. Weather cooperated and got 53-62 degrees overnight generally. Days 70-80. Color is about the same. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Petals seemed a little wider to me on the first day it was open (yesterday) but petals were already waving by the end of the day.

I’ve got another small one of these from Darlene and an also her stubborn Cirila Alca so I’m enjoying experimenting a bit with media and temps. This is the triploid tho…

Photos aren’t great; no sun in sunny CA right now….

Attachments

• IMG_8168.jpeg
    IMG_8168.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8165.jpeg
    IMG_8165.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back