Phrag. Fritz Schomburg

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, how do you keep it cool enough down there to grow draculas and phrags, especially red ones?!

Seriously, how do you keep it cool enough down there to grow draculas and phrags, especially red ones?!

Thank you all. It is definitely hit or miss. All I have on my greenhouse for cooling is a wet wall, which in the humid south does not do a ton. But it is enough to keep it at 88-90F near the wet wall. The down side is there is always 80-99% humidity so I have a number of fans to keep the air moving as rot thrives in warm, wet, humid enclosed environments. Also, for some things I use "cool pots" with mixed results. What hurts most growing the cooler growers in my climate is my summer lows are always in the mid to upper 70's, so many of the cooler growers just about stop growing for a several months. You just have to keep trying and constantly make adjustments.

Nice! Mine is in spike.... hoping it will be as bold as yours!

90F!?!?
Lord have Mercy!
Yay besseae hybrids!

90F max at the wet wall, 96F on the opposite end of the greenhouse. Most of the cooler growers are closer to the wet wall. But very high humidity and lots of air movement. They will all grow very slowly for the next several months. I just wish I could get below the upper 70s at night which is not possible.

Latest posts

Back