Phrag Frank Smith

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last pic is my fave! The petals may vary, but that pouch is so good!!

My Krull-Smith Frank Smiths from Bill all bloomed out as China Dragon. I got a “for sure” Frank Smith from him last fall, but it has not bloomed yet. I should see if I can find it and check for a spike.

These long petalled kovachii crosses are not my thing but the flowers are so big and the potential is there when crossed with a besseae type.
I see them as a stepping stone to something better,
David

The last pic is my fave! The petals may vary, but that pouch is so good!!

My Krull-Smith Frank Smiths from Bill all bloomed out as China Dragon. I got a “for sure” Frank Smith from him last fall, but it has not bloomed yet. I should see if I can find it and check for a spike.

HAHAHAHAHAH that's freakin hilarious... this and 2 others i have were marked as china dragons!... we should trade... i never would have purchased this one... i'd seen a huge frank smith at OZ back in the day, and i thought it was hideous.... :)

The long petal pink phrags are my thing! Anything that looks like Schroederae or Albopurpureum is awesome. And the size of Frank Smith is outstanding. The slight asymmetry to the petals with the right twisted inward is only a blemish to me. The second flower shape is fine but I like the twisted petals (maybe the second flower petals will elongate and twist with age). Congrats on blooming and owning!
One of my Schroederae in bloom currently:
1621169189085.jpeg

Latest posts

Back