Phrag. Frank Smith

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete, fantastic! What are the dimensions and could you do a full plant shot?

Marvelous!
Are the markings in the pouches (on the infolded lobes) in fact pink (left) and green (right), or am I deceived by the photo?

Nice basement. Bringing this plant to MOS show?
Thanks Linus. It will be past its prime before the show, really needs to be repotted so this year might not be it's time.
- Thanks All, I'll get a full plant shot this evening.
- I think you are correct on the pouch markings. The flower on the right is the newer bloom. I'll double check tonight, then keep my eye on the color to see if it changes as it ages.

Marvelous!
Are the markings in the pouches (on the infolded lobes) in fact pink (left) and green (right), or am I deceived by the photo?
IMG_4328.JPG
This picture was taken Feb 19th, 2020. It shows the first two of the 3 flowers. I believe it's the natural senescence of the flower as it ages, which causes the markings to change color from green to pink. That same flower on the left, which was green Feb 19th, is now pink today 03.03.20 (as you have noted). Thanks for pointing that out, I've never noticed this before and might be useful for timing how long the flower will remain on the spike.

Thanks Pete, for the explanation. Might help for a good timing of pollination as well.

Pete, I really like the color(s) of your Frank Smith. I got one (from Woodstream) last year that just bloomed out the “classic” phrag colors, albeit with nice size and decent shape. (Apologies for the terrible pic)
A6965ECD-16DD-41E8-B996-442E842022A2.jpeg

Nice Frank Smith, thanks for sharing. I have to move mine. Kate, ummmm are you sure? :(
Eric, I’m sure that’s where I got it and I’m sure that it still has the original tag, but I am not sure beyond that . . . Maybe I will email my pic to Bill and ask him what he thinks. (Looks more like Fliquet, maybe.) o_O

Pete, stunning flowers! I love the rich pink and the spotting. It looks very much like my America. What are the dimensions of the flowers? Eric, I agree with KateL. It sure doesn't look like any Frank Smith that I have ever seen. It does look more like Filquet.

Back