Phrag Frank Smith

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
I got this plant from last year's Slippertalk auction and now it is open enough I don't think I have to worry about jinxing it!

It is definitely still growing as the petals had added at least a couple of cm when I looked at it this morning. I'll have a friend take some good pictures once it is fully open but I am too excited to wait until then to share. It is huge and the color right now is great.

With flash:
cLLeyRql.jpg

Without flash:
iOsuAskl.jpg

Lots of water while the flower is expanding. And don't let it get too hot.
Looking very good.
JC

Thanks everyone, I am really pleased both with the flower and the fact that I was able to bloom it so well--it is my first kovachii hybrid to have a new growth start in my care and bring to bloom. The flower is still growing but here is an updated picture from last night, petals are about 16cm long in this picture so it really doesn't do the flower's size justice:
vEG7Wo0l.jpg

Update! Second flower opening

The second flower is opening and I don't know if the Grande or kovachii parent will be more dominant in terms of keeping both flowers vs dropping the first so here are some more pictures. I'm trying to get a friend over to take some better pictures so hopefully that will occur before the first flower drops.

With the plant although the perspective makes the plant look smaller than it is:
lw8ZSuDl.jpg

Next to a coke can for size perspective:
R6P0L1cl.jpg

And just some more pictures:
hkMR9bPl.jpg

but5JQxl.jpg

Latest posts

Back