Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball 'Rubythroat' Update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck! BTW - was that one of the original (Barbara Le Ann 'Select' x Rosalie Dixler 'Fox Valley' AM/AOS) seedlings we released a few years ago?

Pretty sure this came from a few I got from you in 2011. The number on the receipt was FV-18999. How many times have you made the cross? Have you always used the exact same parents?

This is the same clone I took a picture of with the hummingbird about four years ago. Here's a link to the thread: Link

DSC_0679.JPG

Pretty sure this came from a few I got from you in 2011. The number on the receipt was FV-18999. How many times have you made the cross? Have you always used the exact same parents?

Because the initial cross was so successful using (Barbara LeAnn 'Select' x Rosalie Dixler 'Fox Valley' AM/AOS), I try to have some of this same breeding going in the lab and generally available online. The color saturation using these parents is surprising because the BL 'Select' parent did not exhibit particularly dark color. We recently remade FVF using our darker BL 'Bloody Mary' clone in an attempt to get more purple into the already saturated red color. We sold out of these pretty quickly in January, but we should have some more that should be saleable size in June.

Back