Phrag followed me home...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, as promised, but delivered this time. I don't think it'll open up any more and I think I may have capture the colour more properly this time:

10097381525_325a593d40_o.jpg

Tried to get a bit of a look see into the pouch, not easy with my camera and the lack of light (it's an overcast day and it's raaaaaaaiiiiiniiiing):
10097348854_0963076828_o.jpg

We don't have that 'A umlaut' letter here!
You guys better get some then! :poke:

Thanks!

So I learned my first Swedish word: skål !!
You're very welcome. :D

kind of off-topic, isn't it?:rollhappy:
Let's blame Eric for making it off-topic. :evil:

Okay, I've gotten a reply from the nursery, and the grower claims it to be a Jason Fischer, so I suppose that's what it is?

EDIT:
Ugh... I can't really believe it's a Jason Fischer... The pouch looks too off, and the petal stance too. :/

Searching the web for possible names, and... Could it be as Secun suggested? Is it a Phrag Sunset Glow? What do you guys say?

If you want to believe the breeder that the seedling came from the Jason Fisher cross, then...

If he made the pod on the Mem. Dick Clements plant your plant could actually be a selfing of Mem. Dick Clements, due to pollen contamination from the pod plant.

P5035888.jpg

For comparison, this one I have is labelled Memoria Dick Clements (Claessen Orchideeën), no teeth on the rim of the pouch.

I still think it's pretty whatever it is. Since it spiked in a flower shop in
probably not the best conditions, I bet the next blooming season the blooms will look much better.

No one thinks it's a possible Sunset Glow?

I still think it's pretty whatever it is. Since it spiked in a flower shop in
probably not the best conditions, I bet the next blooming season the blooms will look much better.
It is very pretty (which is why it followed me home), but I'm kinda upset about paying about 10 $ extra for a name which isn't correct... :mad:

Not only did it spike and flower in the shop, it was shipped from Germany to Sweden in spike, and it still made it. :)

Yes, Phrag sunset glow. I was trying to think of the name. It was on the tip of my tounge a while ago when this thread started but could not think of the name. I had one and it was just like this one. All these red besseae crosses seem to blend together after a while. When you said it, it rang a bell.

Yes, Phrag sunset glow. I was trying to think of the name. It was on the tip of my tounge a while ago when this thread started but could not think of the name. I had one and it was just like this one. All these red besseae crosses seem to blend together after a while. When you said it, it rang a bell.
Thank you Cheyenne. I've emailed the vendor and asked them if it's possible that it's a Sunset Glow. I hope I'll get a positive answer this time! :)

Eric, is only saying that because he wants to eliminate the competition on the east coast so he can have all the plants at the shows. Now I am just going to have to make sure I am there before you Eric.

Latest posts

Back