Phrag. Fliquet 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice color. do you think being a 4n and being sturdier might have helped it survive the cold?

I don't know if being 4n helps with cold tolerance or not. However, in this case, this plant and a bunch of other Phrag hybrids were located on the centre bench, right down the middle of the greenhouse. The plants on that bench (not the ones hanging above), which was right in the middle of the greenhouse, were the least damaged. Most of them recovered. Only a few feet away on either side, at either end and hanging above, were much more severely damaged or outright killed. The plants high up and all around the perimeter of the greenhouse froze and died for the most part. The plants, like this Phrag, that were in a strip down the middle of the greenhouse tended to have frost damage; but, were not killed.

It certainly was, Dot. When I walked into the greenhouse and saw what had happened, it was one of the lowest lows of my life! It took me weeks to come out of the shock.

Hey that's very nice! I love the colouring, it's a bit different and quite striking.

great plant and

The color on this plant is great,, i have always liked this cross,, i had one awarded many years ago and still love to see one in bloom good luck

I think Fliquet is one of Chuck's best hybrids. Can you give us the measurements?

The natural spread is 14cm. Vertical height is 16.5cm. Dorsal is 3 cm wide and 6.5 cm long. Petals are 12.5cm long and 2cm wide. Pouch is 2.5cm wide and 5.2cm long. Sysepal is 4cm wide and 6cm long.

That's pretty beefy John. Better than the last one I bloomed. I'll have to check records when I get everything loaded onto the new i7 Windoz machine. Running on Mac only at the moment.

Latest posts

Back