Quantcast

Phrag fischeri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

kitfox

Reaction score
This one is always a pleasant surprise, both when it actually blesses me with a bloom, but also the blooms seem different every cycle...even on the same spike. it does seem to be setting a second bud on this spike, but I certainly know better than to count on any chickens before the egg starts doing more than cracking!

3D386FFD-5DC1-4447-9E2E-496CDD66A53C.jpeg

E94E5938-98AC-4A1E-AB56-151814B69047.jpeg

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
It's not a real beauty, but you got it to bloom which is more than I've done. I've murdered
two over the years and not a clue what I did wrong.

kitfox

Reaction score
Looks like the synsepal split. I agree they are not simple or easy to grow. Thanks for sharing.
You noticed! It made the flower twist a bit. This is this plant’s third blooming growth and it’s never done that. Normally it has the cutest flower in my little phrag collection...😔

dodidoki

Reaction score
Interesting thing about this sp, that staminode is often missing.😁👍

cpmaniac

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job getting it to bloom. Mine flowered two years ago and has frustrated me since then. Look forward t seeing the second flower...

kitfox

Reaction score
Nice job getting it to bloom. Mine flowered two years ago and has frustrated me since then. Look forward t seeing the second flower...
Thanks, so far it has put up with the torture I subject it to! Lets see if that little bud pops out of the spike for a second bloom...

Latest posts