Phrag Evening Blaze

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a first bloom of Phrag. Evening Blaze (Twilight ‘Rising Rocket’ AM/AOS [4N] x Waunakee Sunset ‘Cherry’) from Chuck Acker. It's disappointing but I will give it another bloom. I've got 3 more seedlings from this cross remaining. It is 3.5 years out of flask.

--Stephen

The colour in the top photo is incredible! The bottom photo looks a bit washed out. However, the flowr form is definitely lacking; but, a single growth, first bloom plant will NEVER give you it's best genetic potential. Definitely rebloom it. In fact, unless you're really short of blooming plants to enjoy right now, I'd cut that stem, repot into fresh mix and allow the plant to have the full spring/summer growing season to really put on some size for you. Then, you can make a much better judgement of quality when it blooms again next spring.

Stephen, is this plant part of the same group I bought from
you? My plants are a bit larger, but haven't offered to
bloom so far. I love the color and I never judge a flower
on its first bloom.

the colour is great,I would expect this cross to look this way, with all the besseae and longifolium in it,I like it

Thanks all! The color's intense, changing between a deep red and a purple-red depending on the lighting. I was hoping for a wider dorsal and petals though.

Stephen, is this plant part of the same group I bought from
you? My plants are a bit larger, but haven't offered to
bloom so far. I love the color and I never judge a flower
on its first bloom.

Yup, this is from the same flask.

The colour in the top photo is incredible! The bottom photo looks a bit washed out. However, the flowr form is definitely lacking; but, a single growth, first bloom plant will NEVER give you it's best genetic potential. Definitely rebloom it. In fact, unless you're really short of blooming plants to enjoy right now, I'd cut that stem, repot into fresh mix and allow the plant to have the full spring/summer growing season to really put on some size for you. Then, you can make a much better judgement of quality when it blooms again next spring.

This guy bloomed on a very small plant, so it gets another try. I've been walking by and threatening it so that should help too.

Latest posts

Back