Phrag. Eumelia Arias

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful contrast between the two blooms. EA is so BIG
by comparison. Eric would never volunteer...damn!

*Eric, you have an EA if you haven't lost it in that jungle of
yours. If you have lost it, I'm sending the men in black shirts,
white ties and violin cases after you. They're from New Jersey.

That is quite a size difference. Has schlimii's fragrance come through with Eumelia Arias?

No, orchid fragrance is a myth.

Wonderful contrast between the two blooms. EA is so BIG
by comparison. Eric would never volunteer...damn!

*Eric, you have an EA if you haven't lost it in that jungle of
yours. If you have lost it, I'm sending the men in black shirts,
white ties and violin cases after you. They're from New Jersey.

I didn't say anything about having him volunteer.

So, Maxillaria tenuifolia, Bulbophyllum cocoinum and Phrag. schlimii have no scent? I'm interested in what fragrances you actually can detect.

So, Maxillaria tenuifolia, Bulbophyllum cocoinum and Phrag. schlimii have no scent? I'm interested in what fragrances you actually can detect.

My schlimii doesn't have a fragrance and I haven't been around the other 2. I've got almost exclusively slippers and don't really go to orchid shows.

Therefore, I'm forced to conclude that everyone else is hallucinating.

Further on scent, it is highly dependant on the observer some noses are not able to pick up certain scents unless it is a strong odor. I was trying to point out scented blooms to a fellow enthusiast he couldn't pick up subtle scents on most orchids.

Further on scent, it is highly dependant on the observer some noses are not able to pick up certain scents unless it is a strong odor. I was trying to point out scented blooms to a fellow enthusiast he couldn't pick up subtle scents on most orchids.

Very true. Some are very subtle while others will just about knock you over when you walk in to the room.

I've also noticed that some flowers pulsate their fragrance. Others depend on sunlight, or no light. Interesting group, orchids.

Latest posts

Back