Phrag. Eric Young

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
My third Phrag to bloom so far :clap: This one comes from line breeding from the clone 'Doc' X 'Fire Embers'. The flower is 4.5" across. The first two buds blasted while still quite small but at least one managed to open and there is another bud forming.

PhragEricYoung6.jpg

Great color, and a beautiful photo! I like the fact that this one doesn't have the teeth that so many of the tetraploids have... not that I really mind the teeth, it's just nice to see something different :) A very nice bloom.

- Matt

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that this one was tetraploid... its just that so many of them that I've seen recently are. I have a division of Eric Young 'Rocket Fire' 4N which I like, but it has teeth :)

- Matt

Very nice colour!

I'm finding that the orchids are needing more water this summer than usual, especially those who are thinking about flowering. The wind is often out of the north, except over the last few days, and it has been very dry. Hopefully nothing will blast!

Latest posts

Back