Phrag Eric Young x Rosy Charm

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jorch

Bloomed out with weird petals.. and many teeths along the rim of the pouch. This is the second bloom, and both flowers have the same trait.. It is the first blooming for this plant.. so I guess I will wait for it to bloom again and see how it turns out.

DSC_0004Small.jpg

That 'saw-tooth' trait comes from the Eric Young 'Rocket Fire', which is also known to be labeled as 'Mont Millais' as well. It's a 4N which Chuck has used extensively in phrag breeding. It's a great breeder for size, but unfortunately it often passes on the jagged edges. However, sometimes hybrids made with it will switch back and forth from regular smooth edged petals to the jagged edged petals. What breeders need is a new 4N Eric Young without that trait (some are coming along in the lab now hopefully).

Just a little breeding info I thought people may find interesting.

Thanks Jason. That's good to know. Why is 'Rocket Fire' sometimes mislabeled as 'Mt. Milais'?

:clap:I like the light dorsal and I bet the form will be better yet with the next blooming on a more mature plant!

Hi Jason, thanks for the info! I just check the tag again, it is made with Eric Young 'Rocket Fire' 4N! I will watch out for this Eric Young clone used in breeding in the future ;)

Hopefully next bloom will be 'normal'

Latest posts

Back