Phrag. Emma Lommen (Fritz Schomburg 'Strawberry Parfait' x fischeri)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This cross was made by Orchids Limited in 2010 and the hybrid was registered by OL in 2013, named after an ancestor of Jerry Fischer. This is the fourth time I have bloomed this plant and each time it has gotten larger as a plant and flower. This current inflorescence also branched for the first time and has multiple buds. There have been no AOS awards for Emma Lommen.

IMG_2182.jpeg

The natural width of this current first flower is about 6.5 cm. I have a Phrag fischeri that has a 4.5 cm flower while my Fritz Schomburg has a 12 cm flower. This Emma Lommen flower clearly favors fischeri more than Fritz Schomburg in size and shape. The plant is also closer to fischeri than FS.

Gorgeous! I have one of these and I find it exceptionally slow doing anything, do you find that ?

Gorgeous! I have one of these and I find it exceptionally slow doing anything, do you find that ?
It was slow growing until it reached its third growth, which was much larger and has had multiple blooms. The blooms also got better with the more mature plant. My root system is now very robust. The plant is growing in Hydroton with a layer of Grodan cubes on top as an evaporation barrier. We need incredible amounts of patience with some of our orchids.

This cross was made by Orchids Limited in 2010 and the hybrid was registered by OL in 2013, named after an ancestor of Jerry Fischer. This is the fourth time I have bloomed this plant and each time it has gotten larger as a plant and flower. This current inflorescence also branched for the first time and has multiple buds. There have been no AOS awards for Emma Lommen.

View attachment 36068

The natural width of this current first flower is about 6.5 cm. I have a Phrag fischeri that has a 4.5 cm flower while my Fritz Schomburg has a 12 cm flower. This Emma Lommen flower clearly favors fischeri more than Fritz Schomburg in size and shape. The plant is also closer to fischeri than FS.
With those darker tips, would you call this a “flammea?” 😜

Latest posts

Back