Phrag Elizabeth March

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nikolaus

This one recently flowered. It should be Phrag. Sedenii xPhrag besseae what is Phrag Elizabeth March. The pictures is different to all photos I foend in the internet. I phoned to the man, who made the cross, and mailed the picture. And he told me that it is this cross as it flowered in his nursery.
Test2058.jpg

Hello from Germany
Nikolaus

:clap: So, beautiful! Maby, I can place myself on teh waitinglist for a division later? A very nice photo on it to! :drool:

Hello Magic-boy
I have several of them, as far as the tags say, but only one flowered till now.So I am not sure about the others. Give me a pm
Hello from Germany
Nikolaus

I think it's what it's labeled, I've seen others that look like this. The ones showing up on google definitely look like sedenii, which they probably are. Quite often when you click the picture, one finds out it's the one parent of the cross.

All instances of Phrag Elizabeth March that I have seen show a strong influence from Phrag schlimii with light colored petals and a pinkish red pouch.
Also, Phrag Sedenii is Phrag longifolium x Phrag schlimii and there is no evident influence from Phrag longifolium in this flower. It is more likely that it is a hybrid along the lines of Phrag Mem. Dick Clements (sargentianum x besseae).

Latest posts

Back