Phrag. Elfin's Luxury

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandrobium

Reaction score
Here's a first bloom on a single, mature growth of Elfin's Luxury (also 1 new growth). Very happy with it, thanks J-P!

20180921_065227web.jpg

Well that's frustrating! I try to torture large phrags that don't want to bloom. They need to shape up. It's worked a few times :D

David, I'm sure we'll have more trades to come! Hope you didnt get caught in that nasty storm.

Thanks John!

Eric, I like to take a staged approach to my torture victims (plants, :poke:). First stage is a mild sun burn, where they will get well to very well acquainted with a 4 bulb T5 fixture (also bright morning sun). After a few months of that, if no progress is made, I will hold back on the water (taking note of the season, don't want to desiccate many roots or slow down new growth). Then, again if no changes, they go down with the highlanders (masdevallias, disas, nepenthes) and either get bright light, or dim conditions depending where I put them.
This worked for Peruflora's Angel (1st stage), and have it back in the spotlight again this year. Also have an Andean Tears in 1st stage. Bulbo. roth. is also in spike now in the shade at floor level.

Latest posts

Back