Phrag. ecuadorense 'Charlie' - whole plant shot.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
This species is a favourite of mine. I've posted this clone before; but, I don't think I've ever shown the foliage. It's a real charmer!

For perspective, the interior diameter of the pot is 4". The flower in the whole plant shot is too green, but, it shows the cool grass-like foliage.

B

Bolero

Great photography, I am really impressed with how well people can do that these days.

Your plants is wonderful and I want it!!!

Brabantia

Reaction score
Very beautiful flowers and the plants is very healthy! no black leaf tips. What do you use as potting media?

G

goldenrose

:clap::clap: SWEET!! Definitely a charmer! :drool:
I did a trade for one over 2 years ago & it's in spike!

H

Hera

Very nice. It looks like it travels a fair distance to put out the next growth.

G

goldenrose

Hmmm ...... don't think so, my guess is that's a 3-4" pot, they're really rather compact.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
Very beautiful flowers and the plants is very healthy! no black leaf tips. What do you use as potting media?
This one is in a mix of coconut husk chips and perlite...about 50/50.

The pot size is in the original description above the photos. It's a very miniature plant.

likespaphs

some call me brian
Reaction score
wow. i am going totally crazy for this species.
are they all that compact or is it a small clone?

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
wow. i am going totally crazy for this species.
are they all that compact or is it a small clone?
All ecuadorense have small foliage like this, with maybe a little bit of difference between clones; but, not so much that you'd mistake it for another species when not in bloom. In or out of bloom, it's identity is obvious. I do have another clone called 'Si'. The best word for it is "adorable". The foliage is even more grass-like; but, with shorter leaves and the flower is about 2/3 the size of this one. However, it's got deeper colour and it's an exceptionally vigorous grower. This clone does have a particularly large flower for the species. It's about 50% larger than the average sized flower for this species.

Last edited:

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
That's gorgeous, John. It's one of my favorite species, and I love to see it's hybrids. I'm so jealous of how perfect those leaves are!

Latest posts