Phrag Deflasking - I need help

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used an almost identical set up some years ago when I was living in a hotel room for about a year. The only difference is that I had 5cm of clean gravel in the tubs. I would keep the water level below the gravel and treat the water/gravel with H2O2 occasionally. H202 was all I could find in Hanoi at the time to control algae etc.

Regards, Mick

I used an almost identical set up some years ago when I was living in a hotel room for about a year. The only difference is that I had 5cm of clean gravel in the tubs. I would keep the water level below the gravel and treat the water/gravel with H2O2 occasionally. H202 was all I could find in Hanoi at the time to control algae etc.

Regards, Mick

Actually that's a great idea, I will give that a try as it would help with humidity.

Thanks again!

We have a misting system over a few rows of benches at the Rutgers floriculture greenhouses. I deflasked three phrag hybrids over the past few months and they all went into straight perlite, with a majority of the agar intact (one i did wash almost all away), and sitting in a tray. I was afraid that it might be too wet for them, or what seems like nearly constant water in the crowns during the day when the system is on might might be too much....not at all. We'll see how they continue on....

You will all be happy to know that they are going well. It's still early but the plants are growing better than I expected to be honest. Very healthy and some have established themselves. Hopefully this continues!!

Latest posts

Back